By Gabriella Deveraux, Owner, Hotlit Books
1. Create a great cover. There are multiple reasons for this step. As many books that are out today in the market you need to seperate yourself from the pack. Make yours stand out from the rest. Do your research and find out in your genre what everyone else is doing and do the opposite.
Great sites for book cover design and overall resources:
These are just a couple, but feel free to do your own research!
2. It’s all in the name! Choose your title wisely. There is a reason why some titles are successful and some are not. Again do your research. Look at your favorite author and see what they have done in the past and emulate, after all it is the most sincere form of flattery right?
3. Create a presence online. Sign up for a Facebook and Twitter account. Create an author and or book page. Brand this page with photos and present it to the world. Make sure you do not put anything on any of these accounts that doesn’t represent you, the author, or the book.
4. I highly recommend posting daily, if you do not connect with your followers and or “friends” they will not in turn connect with you.
5. List yourself with an esteemed company as an author. Feature yourself on other websites, review colleagues work and blogs. The more people see your presence online and read about you, the more likely they will remember you! Which will in return equal money in your pocket.
Have a great day and KEEP WRITING!
CONTACT Gabriella Deveraux:
You can also find my current books at Smashwords and Amazon!
10 Day Book Club introduces guest bloggers. We encourage people to share their love of writing. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information within the content. All submissions must be written by the author.
10 Day Book Club is a virtual tool, which prepares manuscripts for publishing. The one-of-a-kind venue is simple for writers to use. Learn more at http://10daybookclub.com
All writing shared in our guest blog is the opinion and message of the author and is not the opinion of 10 Day Book Club, LLC.